Thursday 19 April 2012

A lottie update

I realise there hasn't been a lottie update for a while - mainly as this time of the year things are still looking quite bleak and a little uninteresting.   As always there is still much to be done,  all of the main planting areas for this year are now ready for the growing season and now my thoughts are turning to tidying up and sorting out the new Plot 96.

I have whizzed the camera round the plots and there are definite signs of growth and the promise of things to come.

Rhubarb growing nicely - I have to be patient with these
though as they can't be picked in their first year :(

Gooseberry bush beginning to get its new leaves

Strawberry patch looking healthy and green

2 rows of peas planted and covered with fleece to stop the birds and mice digging up the seeds

Spring greens bulking up.  I have lost a few though!

The autumn planted Garlic and Onions seemed to have perked up and had a recent growth spurt
Looking around the site in general,  I don't seem to be doing too bad!  There are still many plots with nothing growing at all, and a few plots here and there that do seem to have been abandoned with no work having been done on them at all this year - in my little corner of the site 4 of the plots closest to me are now looking decided unloved - it would be good to have a few more people around now and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x