Monday 23 April 2012

Rain, Rain and Even more Rain

Isn't it just never ending?  Today it has rained constantly, heavy mostly and lighter occasionally  a truly unpleasant day.

Tomorrow Mr Milly and me are off to Wales to stay for a few days with my Auntie and her hubby.  We are going to be sightseeing as I realised recently that in the 27 years we have been together Mr Milly has only been to Wales  for Weddings or Funerals - it is time to have a different look at Wales.   No doubt it will rain!

The lovely Portuguese Housekeeper will be here to house and animal sit,  we have been out today and stocked up food for the furries and bits and bobs for the human one.   As I am not going to be here I have soaked all of the seedlings around the house and in the greenhouse and hopefully they will be OK on my return.  I did need to go to the Lottie as the potatoes are now beginning to appear,  ideally I would have let them grow on a few more inches before covering them over, but in case there is a frost in the next couple of days I thought it best to add some protective soil now.  The Portuguese Housekeeper came with me to help  and between us we put together the mesh cloche for the carrot bed.  We have completed quite a few DIY jobs together now work well and quickly together,  we completed the cloche in record time and I have to say we were very pleased with the result and with ourselves!!

Carrot protection netting Cloche
Tonight we are packing,  I have made a fruit cake to take with us and a simple chocolate to leave at home for the Portuguese Housekeeper - I am sure she will enjoy it!    I have made an apron for the Auntie and a Peg bag too,  in fact I have got a little carried away with the little apron peg bags and there is now a collection,  one has already been claimed by my sister-in-law,  one for me,  one for Auntie and the rest will be put on Ebay shortly - a little test to see if they will sell,  fingers and toes crossed!

Peg bags all in a row




Apron for Auntie

A little blogging break to follow and I will be back in a flash to update on our visit to Welsh Wales.
Alison x

1 comment:

  1. Have you stopped doing your blog? We do hope not. Please give us some more updates and posts.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x