Tuesday 8 May 2012

I'm Back

Back from my little blogging break.  And I have so much to tell!

We spent a lovely couple of days in Wales,  we drove for miles and miles and miles all around South Wales, this was a real treat for me as My Mad Welsh Auntie (I have always called her this!) drove and I was a passenger - how lovely to be able to sit and look out of the window and take in all the sights.
Countryside views on the way to the Gower Coast

Coastal Villages

Village Greens
 Reading the street names was interesting!  All signs in Wales are written in both English and Welsh and depending on which part of Wales you are in sometimes English comes first and other times Welsh is first.


We visited Port Talbot, Swansea, Bridgend, Ammanford,  Porthcawl and Rhosilli, many of these places I have never visited and others are well known from when I was a child.

The Gower Coast was beautiful,  we visited on a day of no rain and some sunshine although it was very very windy!
That's us braving the elements!
We stopped at Rhosilli and walked along the cliff edge,  the scenery was stunning!  We ambled along for sometime and then started to return to the village - we didn't realise how far we had walked or how downhill the outward journey was!  My goodness did we struggle on the upward climb!!

Rhosilli

The distance rocky bit is called the Wormhead

Pathway down to the beach,  we looked and admired, but didn't venture!

Cliffs
Pretty Beaches
I don't think I have been to the Gower before, or if I have I would have been too young to remember and for Mr Milly this was a first,  we did have a lovely day.

More Welsh adventures tomorrow!!
Alison x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x