Thursday 6 September 2012

A flying visit

Yesterday I visited Bristol for the day - I am well and truly fed up with being away from home so much,   so the planned 2 day visit was reduced to one day only,  setting off early in the morning and getting home in the early evening.

I know I have said before - but I will again,  Bristol is such an interesting city!  The office I visit is very close to the Watershed and communal areas attached to this.  There is a large square which appears to  have a different theme every time I visit.    There is an enormous screen where all sorts of things are shown,  currently the Para Olympics are playing.  This square is always busy with people and today it was delightful,  unfortunately in my haste to be leaving for home and  not fancying the prospect of a rush hour drive across the City I didn't spend long taking photos...  just a couple, and not particularly great, but hopefully it's a little feel of the buzzy interesting little patch of Bristol.



 I love the deckchairs!  and from what I could see, all day the chairs were in constant use with people tooing and frowing,  sitting for a while enjoying the sun and watching the screen, I was quite envious sitting inside looking at a computer screen!

Alison


1 comment:

  1. How lovely to have the opportunity to sit and pause in the sunshine. I can understand how envious you were!! I've never been to Bristol, but my Godson is going to be living there next year - maybe I'll get the chance to visit him! It looks an interesting, vibrant place.

    Fat Dormouse xx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x