Sunday 19 June 2011

Two more

Two more beds went in this weekend. It has been hard and tonight I am completely exhausted!


My Girl and me visited the Lottie yesterday, we cleared some of the rubbish, bramble twigs and branches and then I started to dig. I used my Azada and popped out lots of bramble roots, at least 2 big trugs worth. My Girl was busy up and down the plot with the wheelbarrow - not her favourite past time clearing the lottie, but she did well. After about 2 hours, we had had enough, plus Mr Milly needed some help at home getting ready for the BBQ.

Today, just Me and Mr Milly at the plot, more digging for me! Our friend Simo offered some help and he spent a couple of hours with the Azada popping out bramble roots - he was puffing and panting getting them out, and as always it is a massive help having an extra pair of hands. It did secretly make me feel better though - I thought it was only unfit me who puffs and pants getting the roots out - obviously not, it really is hard work!

So after all the digging and digging and digging over the last couple of days - the result was - 2 more beds dug, framed up and planted.
Now growing in the Lottie;-

Peas
Mangetout
Sweetcorn
Courgettes
Runner Beans
French Beans
Winter Cabbages



No 95 is really starting to look like a proper allotment!

And to Mr Milly and My dear Father-in-Law - wishing you both a very very Happy Father's Day, Love you both and hope you had a lovely day x x

2 comments:

  1. It's like a real allotment now. Looking fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi You Three ... have just sent my comment and everything went blank so take it it's lost. Was saying how amazing you all are ... sorry about the foot, Grace. Hazards of gardening I'm afraid! Your blog is so interesting, Alison ... maybe you can make some money on a book after it's all finished!! Don't know how you do it and the photos too!! Anyway, here's to the crops. Hope you're not like us, having them eaten by all the deer. Saw THREE go by this morning, nibbling this and that .. but it's now a "Wild" garden and whoever comes, comes!!!! Keep Mr.Milly working won't you - weeding .. making the cuppas at the right time .. I've got a whip if you want it!! Glad you had a lovely break, and now it's back to the grindstone. Will try another posting on this! Thinking of you, love jeanx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x