Sunday 5 June 2011

Where did...

...  that weekend go??   It has absolutely flown past, and was it productive?.. read on....

 
The day started well,  All six hens produced lovely eggs today and some really big ones too, so bacon and egg rolls for breakfast energy food before the work began.   Then an offer from the Portuguese Housekeeper to help at the Lottie today - so 1 person becomes 3 people and the promise of achieving lots.

 
My Girl and I went to pick up some more paving slabs we managed 11 in the car this time,   collected the Portuguese Housekeeper and began unloading the slabs,  2 at a time in a wheelbarrow and 2 at a time in a shopping trolley we were loaned,  with just 4 more to be go,  the wheelbarrow with one of the paving slabs in toppled over - right on the top of My Girl's foot - my goodness did she howl!!!!!!!!!!  And my goodness did it swell and swell and swell!!

 
So the next 4.5 hours were spent in A&E...  fortunately nothing is broken (I am really surprised, its twice the size of the other one!)  with a nasty cut on the top, so a tetunus jab and some dressing,  home with a pair of crutches and the weekend is finished.

So what did we get done this weekend..
  1. Dig out some bramble roots   Done
  2. Dig over and make a raised bed   Digging done
  3. Fix the deck boards - for the raised beds - Cut drilled and ready to go,  but didn't make it to the Lottie
  4. Plant the sweetcorn and courgettes
  5. 2nd Coat of paint on the shed  Done
  6. Fix the shed roof - attach the plyboard, attach the roofing felt
  7. Lay the shed veranda - for Mr Milly
  8. Attach guttering to the shed - ready for the waterbutt
  9.  Set up the waterbutt - if we ever get rain again, I'll be ready!
Painted but not finished

2 comments:

  1. Hey...! That's brill! Not the poorly foot bit (hope it healed OK) the shed. How did you manage to lay the flagstones? Did you bed them in with sand or cement or just onto the soil...?

    Please come to my plot and do a shed base for me too :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire - the flagstones went straight onto the soil - nothing fancy, levelled it as best we could and the paving on top. It is still up and not wobbly!

      The foot did heal OK - eventually!!

      Alison

      Delete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x