Sunday 5 June 2011

Busy busy,...

Well that's today,  its been busy, busy...  Started this morning with some paving slabs being offered on Freecyle..  I sent off my email and kept my fingers crossed.  And the CD cases were collected yesterday.  Isn't Freecyle brilliant!!!!

Went to visit Chris with Mr Milly,  cup and tea and rummage in the garden - thank you again Chris for all of the offers today.

Home to make some lunch and flask of tea and my darling Girl said she would come to the Lottie with me!   And my goodness wasn't it hot today!!  We painted the shed, got rid of a few piles of cut brambles, and started digging out some roots - and we did good!  I was really pleased,  my new Azada did the job and I was popping bramble roots out left, right and centre.  Mr Girl tackled the really big ones with gusto, some real whoopers.  As it was so hot we worked for 10 minutes, stopped for 10 minutes on and off for a couple of hours.    Mid way through the day I had a phone call,  the paving slabs were mine - 32 of them and the big ones too - I don't think Mr Girl was quite as thrilled as I was though - they are so heavy!

We went to pick up some of the slabs - too big and heavy to have them all in the car, so we collected 11 today and back for the rest tomorrow - these were dropped off at the Lottie,  it took a little while, just 2 at a time in the wheelbarrow - then we rushed home, showered and  went to spent a lovely evening with My little bro and his family.   A very busy day.......

The biggest root so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x