Tuesday 28 August 2012

Writers Block

A combination of writers block and just not being at home have lead to a very very long blogging break.  I'm back now and will try harder!

The last 2 weeks have been chaotic with this week due to be the same.   For the last 2 weeks I have been away 2 nights each week staying in Colchester,  this week I have mammoth travelling to do,  Colchester (100 miles),  then off to Leeds in the afternoon (200 miles) and overnight stay with a day in the office on Thursday,  return to Colchester (200 miles), overnight stay and after another day in the office, returning home on Friday (100) miles.  I don't know about you but I feel exhausted just thinking about all of that!  Needless to say there will be no more blog posts until Saturday!

I have been carrying my crochet hooks and some yarn with me on my travels and when sitting in my hotel room I have been putting them to good use.     These are the latest creations:-

Ruffled tea cosy 

My first attempt at Tunisian Crochet

Crochet roses on the top


Simple Crochet Tea Cosy

Last week My Girl and I hooked up on Skype whilst I was sitting lonely in my hotel room, and it was brilliant!  We had the webcams on and we chatted and crocheted together for 2.5 hours one evening - it was just like being in the room together, chatting, crocheting, surfing the internet - a really clever little programme and one we will be using lots in the future.

The Lottie hasn't been forgotten but is a little neglected, hopefully life will calm down a little soon and I will rediscover some energy then I can spend some time over there and bring it all back into order.   Having said that I think the ground work earlier this year is paying off!  I visited on Saturday and picked and picked and dug and picked some more and this is what I came home with;-

A whole Boot-full of goodies!  

Runner Beans, French Beans and Apples

Onions, Blackberries and potatoes

Cabbage, potatoes, carrots, radishes and Beetroot

Monster courgettes!

Several jars of bramble jam have been made,  Mr Milly spent the rest of the day in the kitchen blanching and freezing the beans and carrots,  the beetroot have been loving roasted in the oven and are now sitting in the fridge waiting for a suitable meal.  The courgettes are becoming marrows and the neighbours are running every time they see me as I keep trying to give courgettes to everyone, even the chickens are turning their beaks up at the thought of more courgettes!  We are becoming very inventive in using them,  but there is a limit on how many meals a person can have with courgette in them!  I think a few might make the 100 mile trek to Colchester tomorrow........

Hope you have a lovely week.

Alison x

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm an Alison too, so when I saw your comment on someone else's blog, I had to follow the link!
    I've enjoyed reading about your adventures with chickens (we did have some but they've all gone to the Great Chicken Run in the Sky)
    I hope you might pop over to my blog and maybe join in my Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pleased you are over your writers block. Welcome back. Looking forward to reading more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x