Monday 6 August 2012

A little scary

I did promise a few blogs ago that I would share some exciting news......  well the exciting news is .....  I'm going to be a Grandma!!

My Girl is expecting a baby which is due in December and will be a Christmas baby,  I am told that I going to be called Grandma, although I much prefer Nanny I will try to change My Girl's mind on that over the course of the next couple of months!

In true My Girl style she has given us the most worrying time over the last couple of weeks and has been very unwell.  It started with a phone call from Josh her partner to say that she had been taken into hospital with back pain and sickness,  the phone calls and updates went on for a day as she was tested for various things whilst having some heavy duty drugs to control the pain.  I managed to arrange sometime off from work at short notice and was able to go to Manchester to stay close by.   Eventually it was discovered she had gall stones, which is very common in pregnancy,  however My Girl then went on to develop Pancreatitis as a result of the gall stones.   Careful monitoring followed for another day or so and eventually the doctors decided that the gall bladder would have to be removed to prevent the Pancreatitis becoming any worse.  As you can imagine being in mid pregnancy this was not an ideal thing to happen and to have an operation at this point was scary!

The operation went well,  My Girl is very much better and the baby is doing OK!  What a huge relief for all of us.

I have been backwards and forwards to Manchester several times now over the last 2 weeks and have driven hundreds and hundreds of miles!   I hope I am forgiven for the severe lack of blogging recently, but I am sure you can understand why.

The last visit to Manchester was to spend a couple of days with My Girl for her birthday and a couple of chill out days together,  we did have a lovely time,  one of the days we visited a very well know Seaside town.......  can you guess where it is????




More about our day out to follow.....
Alison x


3 comments:

  1. thanks for the update. Tell your girl to avoid dec 20th otherwise DFIL will be forgotten.Ask Mr Milly to get BT to sort landline out.Dont overdo it on the Lottie,2 little nephews will be back from hols this week and the eldest one will be keen to offer his help.I expect Mr Milly is as worn out as his dad after participating in ALL of the olympic events we are all proud to be british.First GREAT GRANDCHILD is eagerly anticipated.Further update DFIL is off to the docs this morning he has overdone the olympics and is suffering from Ennis elbow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on the news. I do hope your daughter is on the mend soon.

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma Ali and Grandpa Nev, lol.... sounds a bit old doesn't it... Nanny & Granddad sounds much better!! Many congratulations to you soon to become a Grandma. I can tell you it's fabulous being a Grandma. How very unfortunate Grace being so unwell... I hope she is now fully recovered and hope all goes well from now on. Take care. Love to you all. Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x