Thursday 1 March 2012

World Book Day

My sister-in-law came over a few days ago - she works in a school and it is World Book Day this week.   A bit strange as it is called World Book DAY - but her school and her sons schools held their book days on different days this  week!

Anyway - it is not just the children who dress up as a Character from a book but also the staff,  we needed our thinking heads!  She had decided to dress as Cat in the Hat as they have a Cat in the Hat hat at home from World Book Day last year.   We Googled some pictures to get an idea of what was required and then we set to work - well I set to work which I believe was the idea of the visit! LOL!  

I had a rummage and found some white flannelling  - that would do for the furry tummy,  a piece of plain red material - that would make the bow tie,  but I was missing black material for the tail.  I like colour and black is not something I keep on hand.   Anyway Sister-in-law promised to return the following day with some black material.  Google as usual came up with a tutorial for a bow tie,  slightly tailored to make it adult, Cat in the Hat size.  Then there was a question of what black top we would be using for the body - fortunately I had a suitable top,  one that is a little short on me, but would fit the bill perfectly for this project.

Anway,  it all came together nicely and I was chuffed with the end result.   My sister-in-law was too and fortunately all the children knew who she was, so we must have done a good job!


Cat in the Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x