Sunday 25 March 2012

Funky Pharoah

I was given a project just over a week ago,  due to the doldrums having set in for a while I haven't been crafting,  however this one had a deadline and was fairly quick and easy to do.

My oldest nephew has been studying Egypt at school and this week - tomorrow in fact!  Is dress up day.   Everyone has to dress in an Egyptian theme - so that was the project for Auntie!



Google supplied the idea and given the seal of approval by the nephew,  bits and pieces were purchased on the internet and then his mum was given a little list too to complete the outfit.   It didn't take very long to put together with lots of hand sewing  - which I find gentle and quite soothing.

Anyway the outfit was completed and has been hanging up for a few days for the grand try on - unfortunately there is no prize for the best outfit as I have been saying all week that he had better win!!!!  LOL!
Little Funky Pharaoh
I couldn't leave the little nephew out and as he loves to draw and colour I made him a little crayon caddy for carrying around.   A few bits and pieces of fabric from my stash and an hour or so alternating between the sewing machine and the iron - a quick visit to the local supermarket for a pack of pens and some stickers and he seemed pleased with his gift  - he immediately got the bits and pieces out of the caddy and made a card for his friend.  I guess that means a success for him too!
Individual pen pockets

One pocket for paper, another for stickers
A little carry around caddy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x