Monday 5 March 2012

Monster roots

This is latest one dug up.     That is my full size adult spade next to the root - it took the best part of an hour to get it all out of the ground.


It is very very very very slow going digging out this bed, which I think may not have been dug for 20 years,  this root was more like a tree than a bramble.   Poor Mr Milly sits and watches me and I can feel his frustration across the plots.   It must be incredibly tedious watching someone dig and not being able to help.   He did say this week, when I was grumbling about how slow I am - that I am not slow,  but I am very meticulous.  And that is why Mr Milly is good to have at the plot with me  - for the encouragement - he did make me feel better and I felt like I was doing a slow but good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x