Wednesday 11 January 2012

How annoying

This morning I had a phone call from the John the site manager of the allotments  - what was the phone call for?  My little lottie shed had been broken into!  

I had to wait until my lunch break today to go and see for myself what had happened.  To my relief nothing had been taken - but isn't that odd?  There isn't anything of any value in there as we did know of previous break-ins at the site and dire warnings from the other plot holders made sure nothing valuable was left there.  Having said that everything in my shed is valuable to me and it is mine!  I was most worried about my lawn mower (a second hand one) and my spade and fork - I did pay a reasonable sum for these (about £20 each so not a fortune),  BUT that is not the point - it would be annoying and inconvenient and costly to have to replace them and THEY ARE MINE!

It does look as if it was completely mindless, pointless vandalism and nothing else.  The door is damaged and the lock is broken,  my freebie freecycle clock is smashed and most strange of all - MY chairs were out of the shed, on the patio area as if someone had been sitting on them (Goldilocks - whose been sitting in my chair, springs to mind),  my scarecrow too had been taken out of the shed and thrown on the floor.  So it looks like some small minded person or people unknown have broken my shed to take the chairs out to sit on!  How very very stupid is that!    At least nothing is gone and some repair work will be required at the weekend.  Just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have any rain between now and Saturday as the shed is definately not water tight at the moment.

Broken shed door

What a strange thing to do

Smashed clock on the patio
Considering it is the winter and the plot is seriously unloved at the moment and even with the broken door - No 95 is still looking neat and tidy - that does make me feel a little better!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. They need stringing up by their thumbs. They have no respect.
    Hope you get the shed fixed OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI STEVE TOLD ME ABOUT YOUR BLOG THOUGHT IL PAY A VISIT SORRY TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL YOUR HARD WORK I ENJOY READING YOUR POSTS DONT LET THEM BEAT YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x