Monday 30 January 2012

Exciting News

This morning at 9.05 on I was on the phone to the council and the result - Plot 96 is still available and yes it was no problem for me to take that one over!  The tenancy agreement is on its way to me,  and that now means that I have a whole plot to play with!   My current plot - No 95 is a 5 rod plot which is 1/2 a plot.   No 96 is also a 5 rod plot -  with the 2 together  I am now a full plot holder!

I have had my eye on this plot for sometime now as it directly joins to mine,  it has been worked last year with 3 reasonable sized beds having been in production.  To get this one up and running will probably take a weekend - to actually have it how I would like to run the 2 plots will take much longer.   There are some of the dreaded brambles to be cleared, however these are at the very back of the plot and could be left for now, in fact they probably will be left for now!  There is also a very small tin shed I think these are the original sheds put up on the site as there are a few of them scattered here and there - this will be useful though as I can store the pots I have accumulated and a few other bits and pieces too,  these will clear my shed a little and the back of plot 95 which is a bit of a dumping ground.

Plot 95 on the left and Plot 96 on the right,  the over grown bit in the middle separates the 2 plots.
Good timing really for this one to come up - right at the start of the year so there is plenty of time to prep the existing beds ready for planting!   This weekend the Portuguese Housekeeper and I cleared the front of Plot 95 WooHoo!!!  A double celebration!!    This is the very last bit of my plot to be cleared,  it was a hard slog to get it done but massive sense of achievement once it was completed with the last barrow load of weeds and rubbish taken away.   The Portuguese Housekeeper was fed up yesterday - 'I'm bored with moving mud' she said at one point, but we were so nearly at the end she kept going.  It has taken 2 weekends to clear this bit and without her help it would have taken me 4 weekends probably to do - I am extremely grateful for her help and the company!


All cleared - ready for digging over and making new beds.
The picture makes my plot look empty - in reality this newly cleared section is about 1/3 of the total plot,  the perspective of the photo is just not quite right!.

Clearing the last section of the front of my plot.   It definately isn't glamorous work!!  LOL 

The Smurfs came to help.........  
The Portuguese Housekeeper was cold,  we teased her all day  as she looks like a Smurf!

Plans are now afoot to sort out the  whole big plot I now have - pen and paper will be out tonight!  I wonder if I have enough seeds!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x