Saturday 14 January 2012

All Fixed

Mr Milly and the Portuguese Housekeeper came to the Lottie with me today,  this is the first proper visit to the Lottie this year.    Mr Milly went armed with nails and hammers and he has fixed the shed door - a little touch up with paint required and then it will be as good as new.
Near as good as new.

The Portuguese Housekeeper (she isn't really our housekeeper - it is just a teasing name we have for her! She house sits for us  and looks after the animals when we are away - she is also Portuguese,  hence the nick name!)  she helped me weed and cleared the soon-to-be flower bed.  

The bed which housed the Brussels sprouts was finished - I'm not sure what I did wrong with the Brussels this year as they looked so promising and then came to nothing - has been cleared today.   I dug the bed over and with the help of the Portuguese Housekeeper we cleared it and then planted the raspberry canes.   We did laugh a lot today,  mostly as my expense....  I am rubbish with a hammer and the stakes for the raspberry canes were tough to hammer into the ground,  I am not sure what I was doing with my face - possibly it was the lovely blue colour as I hold by breath when hammering,  but both Mr Milly and The Portuguese Housekeeper sat and laughed at me for ages....  it did get too much for The Portuguese Housekeeper in the end and she took over!

The New Raspberry bed - I know they look like dead twigs,
but trust me they are raspberry canes
We finished the day by tidying the shed and a few other little tidy ups around the plot.
Nice tidy shed
Anyway today it felt like some progress was made and has given me the push I needed to start getting the Lottie ready for the growing season this year.   And what a beautiful day it was today,  yes it was very cold,  but the air was clear,  the birds were chirping and there was a lovely bright winter sun,  a perfect day for being out in the open and  really welcome at the end of a long week stuck in the house. Fingers crossed it is the same tomorrow as I'm champing at the bit to get back to the Lottie and tackle a few more jobs!

Mr Milly and The Portuguese Housekeeper surveying their handiwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x