Tuesday 24 January 2012

What awful weather


I left home this morning to travel to Colchester,  I moved precisely 15 miles in one whole hour.  The traffic was an absolute nightmare with all roads blocked in every direction.  40 mile an hour speed limits on the motorway and endless signs saying 'Caution Queue after Junction'  to top that it was absolutely pouring with rain.  As Colchester is 100 miles from home,  I could see it taking nearly all day to get there and then do a days work.  I gave up!!  Turned around took the 'A' roads home,  having travelled 15 miles and home again the whole trip took 2 hours!  What a complete and utter waste of time.

For my sins now I have to attempt the journey again tomorrow morning - this will be a round trip though 200 miles as I have to return home again in the evening.    Thursday I am off to Cheltenham - just a mere 180 mile round trip.  By Friday I am going to feel like I have lived in the car.......

To cheer me up with what I knew was going to be a busy week I have been shopping in my most favourite shop - Cath Kidston.  They now have all the lovely new season bits and pieces in together with a few left over sale items

My goodies look like this;-

Bargain Blackberry case,  I have been waiting for these to come down in price!
 And fold up shopper,  I use these all of the time.

Some lovely bargain fabric and a brand new design too.  Plans are afoot for both of them.

A little gift for My Girl as she is poorly at the moment. 

At last a doggie collar to fit a big dog

Star modelling her new collar - lovely!

Nestled under all the goodies,  did you see my very pretty new nightie???    I held it up for Mr Milly to admire,  hoping he would say something along the lines of  " that's pretty you will look lovely in that"  you get my drift I'm sure ;),  Oh no - not my hubby -  so what did he actually say??   -  "That looks very warm and comfortable"  Oops  LOL!!

A little message for My Girl - Love you lots and hope you feel better soon x x x Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x