Sunday 29 January 2012

The end of a long week

This week was exhausting,  it ended on Friday evening collecting a bed for the Portuguese Housekeeper (PH) - my little car to collect a double bed.  That meant driving to collect the PH,  driving to collect the first half of the bed,  delivering it to her flat - which is a very long walk from where the car was parked,  driving back to get the second half of the bed and repeating the process.     Not much blogging from me this week, but with the hours and hours spent in the car, I really didn't have anything remotely interesting to say and I was tired beyond tired!

I couldn't wait to get out in the fresh air,  minimal driving and do something enjoyable.   An early start for me yesterday,  a little shopping for essentials (chicken and parrot food),  collected my bag of goodies and off to the Lottie.  It was cold - a hat, scarf and a few layers of clothing sorted out that challenge though.   I had a very sore shoulder - from spending so much time in the car I think - so didn't want to do anything too strenuous, I decided to paint the table!

It took a while to do, but I was well wrapped up,  a cup of tea or 2 on hand, paint brush to the ready and the table has had its first coat of paint.    It is a bit lighter than I thought it would be,  but I do like it!

Table Before

Table after
I had a very interesting chat to Barney from plot 102 with some exciting news - the lady from plot 96, this is the one directly next to mine - has now given up her plot.  If you remember this post We have been Busy you will know that I have been thinking of taking on another plot and this is the one that I wanted.    First thing on Monday morning I will be on the phone to the council to see, well beg and plead actually, if I can take this plot on too.

Now I am not going to talk about Plot 96 any more until I have had the conversation with the nice lady at the council - hopefully with fingers and toes crossed I will have some good news to share tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x