Sunday 8 January 2012

Cunning Mr Fox

Fortunately all of my chickens are safe and well.    We have had a visit from a Fox - you are going to have look really hard at this photo to spot the fox.....



 Did you see him???   The tree is very very tall,  much higher than the house and growing behind the garden fence.   Mr Milly spotted the fox yesterday, but I didn't see him - today we saw him again.   Perched right at the very top of the tree sitting watching the chickens and everyone else in and out of our garden and from that vantage point several other gardens too.   I think our dog and the dog next door could both smell him and not see him as they were both very vocal all afternoon.  As the sun started to go down, down went the fox, no doubt to return another day.  Peer closely at the top of the tree and you might see the orange Mr Fox

A couple of better pictures of him - posing for the camera I think.


Can you see him now?

A zoomed in shot of the fox watching me photograph him.
Just goes to show that if you are keeping chickens a fortress to protect them is needed,  6 foot high fences are really no defence when they are able to climb like this.    Another learning for today - Mr Fox can climb very high trees! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x