Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year's Resolutions

  1. Save money where ever possible - clear all debts and save a bit
  2. Don't put things off - this puts me under self inflicted additional pressure
  3. Try to be calmer - this will be a real challenge!
  4. Go to bed early - after midnight most nights is just too late
  5. Try to learn a couple of new things every week
  6. Come out of Hibernation.  I feel that I have hibernated this year - a coping mechanism I think.
  7. Loose weight - I believe this one is compulsory for a New Years resolution list!
  8. Get the allotment cleared and sorted
I think that is enough resolutions for one year!  A list written down does feel like they are proper resolutions and maybe achieveable - let's wait and see!

Out with the old and in with the new - I've made a few changes to the blog template,  what do you think?  

All is quiet again in our house,  My Girl is off visiting friends she will be home early next week for a day and then back to work in Kent.   I am going to miss her,  but I won't miss her messiness!  My goodness she is untidy,  in fact she can walk into a room and devastate it in about 30 seconds - she really does have this down to a fine art!!  Mr Milly gets frustrated with shoes - he will frequently ask her how come she has one pair of feet,  but there are 12 pairs of shoes all over the place! LOL!  The Portuguese Housekeeper has now also gone home,  so back to just the 2 of us.   This helps the first of the New Year's resolutions - the heating has been turned down a notch or two and is now on for just 2 hours in the morning and 2 at night.

Lastly on this very first day of 2012 a few pics of some of the makes for Christmas - not many photos though, as I forgot to photograph most of them!! 

Cowgirl and Cowboy cookie mix in a jar.  Just add butter and they are good to go.

A patchwork lap quilt for Mr Milly - he might need it as the heating is now so low!

My first ever Christmas cake

Have you made any New Year Resolutions?
Alison x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x