Saturday 31 December 2011

Good bye 2011

The last post of 2011.   I have never liked New Year's Eve and this one is no exception.  Tonight I have been catching up with all of my favorite blogs and today Sue from Our New Life in the Country has written a post which completely sums up for feelings for 2011.
http://ournewlifeinthecountry.blogspot.com/2011/12/goodbye-2011.html?showComment=1325365584273#c3285727401403921475

This has been a year of the most incredible sadness and loss,  part of me will be glad to start a new year,  the rest of me will be incredibly sad to leave 2011 for very many reasons.

I am hopeful that 2012 will be a year of positive changes.   For me and Mr Milly to take control and made our lives better and different.

Sue starts her post with these very moving words;-

You were a strange year, a year of learning, of realising.  One of strengthening bonds and knowing the true value of love.

You gave us great heartache, you gave us laughs, you took what we most valued and then tried to take some more.

We will look back on you with sorrow, with joy, with love and with hatred.

You were just a year
 
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year
Alison x
 
 

1 comment:

  1. How lovely to read my words here. Thank you for using them, reading them on another Blog made them even more poignant somehow.

    I wish you and yours all the very best for 2012, may this new year bring us all the opportunity to move forwards with strength and the lessons we have learnt from the last year.

    All the very best.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x