Sunday 18 December 2011

Gifting

The Christmas gifts are starting to be distributed to their recipients.   This week My dear father-in-law received his. 

This one has taken a while to put together and Mr Milly and I were very happy with the result and Dear Father-in-law seemed to be too!  This one was filled with all sorts of home made goodies including crochet dish cloths, chilli jam, jam, mustard, chutney  and soap. 

The creative streak seems to be rubbing off on the rest of the family,  Mr Milly has made some homebrew - with My Girl helping with the wrapping.  It seems a complicated business this homebrew, Mr Milly checks the temperature almost daily with the barrel of brew being wrapped in an old quilt and lovingly check daily to ensure all is ok.  Then washing and sterilising the bottles, adding sugar, re-checking all the levels again and then finally bottled and capped.  Mr Milly has enjoyed doing this though and I expect lots more homebrew will follow!



And continuing the Christmas spirit, I had another play with the Christmas decorations,  I liked the heart garland so much I decided to make another one.  I really like these and will be sorry to take them down after Christmas.  Although My Girl now has her eye on them and I expect they will find a new home when she returns to work!



Finally these pictures - just because!   Star wanted to surf the internet with My Girl!!  LOL :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x