Monday 19 December 2011

19th December

In the advent calender today;-

The message;-




It was a very vague clue,  so it was fun watching the 2 girls run round the house trying to track down the little gift!  (They were by the front door hiding behind the curtain!)


Gifts for my work colleagues have been packaged up today ready for transporting into the office in the morning - that will be challenging,  it's a 15 minute walk up a steep hill,  so I will be trudging along with handbag, laptop bag and some other bag with all of these goodies in!  Keep your fingers crossed that it is not raining.


And finally - with just 6 days to go My Girl and the Portuguese Housekeeper have been scouring the shops trying to find fun novelty Christmas tops/jumpers to wear - I have no idea why,  just something they decided they wanted!   Believe it or not, these type of things are in very short supply this year and none at a reasonable price could be found.   They did get a resounding NO from me when they asked if I could knit them one (That is 2 jumpers 7 days before Christmas, and working full time - superwoman I am not!)

The ever trusty Google came to the rescue with some templates for a Rudolph and Snowman found, printed and cut out.  A rummage through wardrobes for some old tops to customise - then a swift visit to the Haberdashers for some supplies.   A couple of hours spent, cutting, ironing, sewing and positioning and they are delighted with their tops!  To be honest I loved doing these and am really pleased with the result.  The only downside - both my little nephews were here at the time, helping with pinning, cutting and sticking and now I have 2 more orders for their Christmas tops!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x