Saturday 3 December 2011

December

The biggest problem with this time of year is what to blog!   I am busy, busy getting all the homemade Christmas pressies finished.  BUT I can't post any pictures - it would spoil the surprise for my family who follow the blog!   I will store the pictures up and post them after the big day!

I have been experimenting with a few new recipes and trying some hand me down recipes.  This week it was Cherry and Walnut cake - this is a family Christmas tradition to have this cake always having been made by my Mum and her Mum before that.  This year it is for me to make the cakes,  a trial run this week and they turned out OK!  My boy visited today and he loves this cake - the verdict I got the thumbs up and yes it is just like my Mum made.  I am really pleased as I was worried I wouldn't get it right and this tradition of ours would be lost.

Tonight the dog has been naughty and sneaked up on the sofa with the 2 girls - I think only a little encouragement was needed!   She really doesn't look comfortable


2 comments:

  1. What is your recipe for the cake? Dog looks so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. The dog does look funny - I just had take a photo! I will put the recipe for the Cherry and Walnut cake on the blog tomorrow. Let me know how you get on.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x