Thursday 3 November 2011

One for you, One for me

I have decided this is how things are to be!   After making the Christmas Apron on this post Sleep I decided that I wanted one too.   I have been hunting for a design and pattern that I liked and couldn't find one.  Eventually I found inspiration on Etsy for a christmas apron I liked - this one though had no pattern.  So from the ones I have at home I sort of made one up!

This apron is going to be a one off and NEVER to be repeated,  it was really fiddly to do and did take ages to complete.  However I am really pleased with it - it's different!

With Christmas looming I'm starting with some new Christmas presents.   The first one finished today - it is a Slouchy Make-up bag.  I have counted up and it looks like I am going to have to make 12 of these - I have enough various bits of material to make them, it is the zips I don't have.  Locally the zips are 89p each,  today I have found somewhere selling them for 40p each - what a massive difference!  That will be a short trip out on Saturday to get them and even taking into account the petrol for the drive I will still save quite a bit on these.

Until the zips are here I'm a bit stuck - looks like a couple of evenings of cutting out and ironing interfacing,  not particularly interesting to be doing, but at least when the zips arrive I will be able to make the bags up pretty quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x