Monday 21 November 2011

Laptop

My laptop is broken......... complete nightmare!  I have all sorts of patterns, photographs, recipes, blogs, favorite links...  the list is pretty endless really of all the things on my PC and I am missing it.

Tomorrow I am going to try and get into a repair shop and see if there is anything that can be done.  So tonight I am using Mr Milly's PC, this will be a quick Blog post tonight with a better post tomorrow, hopefully!  And it looks like a milestone is about to happen,  Blog stats tonight are showing 1999 views of my little Blog since I started it way back in May!  That really is quite amazing!

We have had a minor saga this weekend.   Mr Milly baked bread on Saturday morning and to say it was a disaster would be an understatement.  A little flat pancake of a loaf was the result - and straight into the food waste bin that went.  Mr Milly then tried again and we waited the allotted time with bated breath.....  the result, a little flat pancake of a loaf - that food waste bin is now full of inedible loaves of bread.

We examined the recipe and did a double check - did everything go in?  Was the right flour used?  Was the right amount of water used?  Were the settings right on the machine?  On and on the checklist went - We really checked and double checked everything - the verdict -  The machine was broken.    

This morning I decided to try once more and set the machine underway. With very little hope that the machine would be OK, into the local shops we went looking for a new machine.  We looked in 3 shops at all of their  bread makers,  checked the boxes, made sure the control panels was in the right place for Mr Milly to see it and then took out the loaf pans to see what size and shape they were, eventually (about 2 hours later!) we decided on one and as the shop had a discount weekend it was reduced by 10% - back home we trudged with the shiny new machine.

The new machine is still packed in its box and will not be unpacked by us!  The reason - my loaf in the 'broken' bread maker was perfect!  Me, My Girl and Mr Milly stood looking at the perfect loaf in complete disbelief......  so back to the dissecting of Mr Milly's 2 failed attempts......  finally we found the culprit.....  When I said to Mr Milly use hot water for the yeast,  I meant hot and not the boiling, straight out of the kettle water Mr Milly had used for BOTH loaves....  the poor yeast never stood a chance and was killed off before it even reached the bread maker!   Oh well - back to the shops we shall go...................................

3 comments:

  1. Poor Mr Milly. How long will it take him to get over this and will you let him. Men and kitchen app. don't mix. O that sounds so sexist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Milly hasn't been using your laptop,has he? Could be one reason it's not working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. give get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x