Tuesday 31 January 2012

I love Freecycle

Freecycle is beginning to be interesting again.  At the end of the year and beginning of January,  there was lots of furniture and TVs being offered - I expect this was following the January sales and Christmas gifts.

In the last couple of weeks,  things are a changing with all sorts of things being offered.  A couple of female rats were offered and taken last week -  yuk!    We have been fortunate,  first there was the table for the lottie - Mr Milly gave it the second coat of paint this weekend and now it looks like new.  The Portuguese Housekeeper was looking for a bed as hers is broken - one came along in the middle of last week and it is a really good one which has obviously been well looked after, she is really pleased with it.

And finally on Saturday a Petrol Lawnmower was offered - I duly sent my email to the offerer and waited,  I must have checked my email every 10 mins for the next couple of hours to see if there was a response - and nothing.   Usually when you are successful with something an email is returned really quickly,  from experience the longer the wait the less change of getting the item.

 Not this time though........... I was lucky  the email finally arrived on Sunday morning and yesterday I collected the Lawn Mower.   It needs a little TLC which Mr Milly will do for me - hopefully My Boy will help,  but it is working and with the 2 plots to mow (had I mentioned that I now have 2 allotment plots??!!  :))  this will be brilliant.  Once the servicing and body work have been sorted - I think a little coat of paint might be in order....   I wonder what colour????

Pink Table

Pink kettle and mugs

Pink Trug

Pink kneeler

Freecycle is great and even if the lawn mowers costs £10 to get it up fixed up a little it will be well worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x