Monday 6 February 2012

Mid Winter

The days are just beginning to get a little longer ,  we have had a little snow,  but nothing too terrible and today it mostly appears to be gone.  This winter does feel long and I am really struggling for things to Blog about - My Girl is away in Kent so none of her adventures to share.  My Boy pretty much does his own thing  with no tales to tell and me and Mr Milly feel like we are hibernating!   My week is pretty much working from home 3 days a week,  travelling and staying away from home for the remaining 2 days with no opportunity to get out into the fresh air.  Weekends seem to take forever to arrive and then are just gone in a flash!

Daily blogging is going to be difficult, so until the days are longer my Blog posts will probably just be a couple of times a week.

This weekend I managed a couple of hours at the Lottie - it was very cold and not really fair to inflict that on anyone else!  I pottered mostly, the ground was too hard to be digging.  I cleared a little path between plots 95 and 96,  cleared out the shed on plot 96 and tidied that plot a little.   The previous tenant of plot 96 had a real liking for beer cans and plastic bottles as cane toppers - they work, but are not my cup of tea,  too untidy looking - they are now gone.   I then made a bit of an effort cutting back some of the brambles behind my shed and some between the 2 plots.  I am starting to build little pile ready for a bonfire hopefully this coming weekend.    No photos of the Lottie today - I forgot the camera!

Saturday night we visited friends, not too late a night as the snow was coming down pretty rapidly and we didn't want to get caught out.    I was woken during the night,  well early morning to be precise at 4.00am with the phone ringing - don't you just hate that - complete panic as soon as you realise the time.   It was My Boy - "Mum I'm in Kingston and stranded, there are no taxis, can you pick us up??"  Exactly what was needed in middle of the only snowy night this year.   A slow drive to Kingston and back, dropping friends off on the way home 5.30am before I was back in my bed.   Mr Millys' only comment - You must love that boy!   I think he might be right!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x