Thursday 9 February 2012

Poor Mr Milly

Mr Milly has been under the knife.......  yesterday morning we left home at 6.00am to head into London,  fortunately we seemed to miss most of the rush hour traffic and made it into the hospital for his appointment at 7.30am.    He has had problems with his hand for 10 years now with multiple operations to try and fix it.   This one, I am assured by Mr Milly,  is the last operation - I really hope so!

He now has his right hand in a cast which will be there for a few weeks,  part of a bone under his thumb has been removed - today he has been suffering with it and has spent the day resting in bed being looked after by yours truly - to be honest I am a rubbish nurse!   I try my best, but I am just not very good at the whole looking after nursing business - too impatient I think!


I have a couple of days off work to keep an eye on hubby and make sure he is not using the hand - this really is difficult for him as it would be for any of us,  but for him especially as he uses his hands to get about - hence the staying in bed today and I think tomorrow will be the same.

I did manage a couple of hours at the Lottie today - I set Mr Milly up with TV controls, telephones, laptop and tea to hand and went out for a bit of fresh air.

On the way to the Lottie I passed a skip with what looked like a couple of  compost bins in it.   I debated for about 30 seconds and then plucked up the courage to knock on the door of the house - a lovely lady answered and she was really happy for me to take the compost bins, she said she was pleased someone was going to be able to use them.    What a bonus - 2 composts bins, complete with lids,  one is missing the hatch cover - no problem though, I'll find something to put over it.  That is 5 bins at the lottie now, but with double the plot size and beds I probably will need them!

New-to-me bins at the back of Plot 96

I had my first  ever bonfire today - just a little one,  but it was fun and welcome to do on a very cold day.

 And I have marked out some more of the plot - the 2 paths which will run the length of Plot 95 and have put some canes in to mark where the beans will go this year.    I did think the ground would be too hard today to dig - but as the day warmed up the ground softened and I was able to make a start on digging out the new bean bed.   This way of working suits me - when I look at a whole expanse to be dug over it just seems too much to do and demotivating,  when I mark things out in this way it breaks up the work and I set out with a mission with manageable chunks to complete.

Marked out plot - the final layout of this plot now in place.
Today the postie delivered a little gift for me - and another was hand delivered .....  Tomorrow I will share my lovely gifts with you!!

Alison x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x