Sunday 26 February 2012

Dig Dig Dig Dig Dig Dig Dig

Guess what the word of the day is??  DIG...........

Yesterday I had help at the Lottie,  My brother-in-Law and the 2 boys came to help,  we spent the day digging.  The very last section of Plot 95 apart from about 3 feet has now been dug over.  In total it was about 4 hours of digging - 3 of us doing it - to finish this section.   4 Wheelbarrow loads of roots were taken away which is the reason it is so very very slow going and absolutely back breaking with bending down all the time to pick out roots.   Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for all of your help!!
These were put to good use...
I was really lucky yesterday to be given a huge supply of wood - enough to make another pathway with plenty left over.   I'm not sure yet what I going to do with it all, but do have a few ideas rumbling around!   I also found out that a skip is coming to the site on Monday which is really useful at the moment as there is bits of rubbish and unwanteds on Plot 96 which I can pop in the skip rather that having to drive to the local refuse station - the boys helped with this and happily gathered up all the bits and pieces and took them to the skip site for me.

A couple of pictures from earlier this week, before the latest bed was dug - I forgot the camera yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x