Wednesday 15 February 2012

A bit of Prettiness

After the not pretty picture of Mr Milly's hand yesterday I thought a little bit of something pretty was needed.

Do you remember this Little Helpers and in particular the Cathedral Window cushion?  I really liked the look of the Cathedral windows and also found the hand sewing really relaxing and enjoyable.   I started another one shortly after finishing the first.   Different fabrics a different shape and no button embellishment this time,  the same principles of ironing and folding squares and then hours and hours of hand sewing.  I am pleased with the result, but I do think a pair would be better!



I fancied doing something a little quicker - and found a tutorial for a gathered ruffle cushion.  This one took a couple of hours to complete,  once finished I felt it needed something to pull the 2 colours together, a bit of folding, glueing and rolling and the fabric flowers were born.  The result is more pleasing with everything seeming to work more 'together'.



Finally - something for the boys!    This a tooth pillow, the smiley bit of the face is a pocket and somewhere for a milk tooth to be left in the hope a little reward might appear - I hope the tooth fairy approves!   I ran out of stuffing today so this is still unfinished.  I better hurry up though as I understand from my little nephews that there are 3 wobbly teeth at the minute!



A happy trio of cushions  - well they make me happy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x