Tuesday 7 August 2012

At the Seaside

Did you guess where we went from the clues on yesterday's post?   My Girl and I spent the day in Blackpool.   It is probably 30 odd years since I have been to Blackpool and My Girl has never been,  it was certainly an interesting day!

First we visited a Rock shop,  but this one was making rock and giving demonstrations throughout the day,  it was fascinating watching the demonstrations.


We then wandered along to the beach front, so very british and exactly what I had imagined Blackpool to be,  I was fascinated with the Donkey rides and especially the one little donkey who decided to have a little wander on his own



After people watching for a while, we decided to ride on a tram,  I've never been on a tram and wanted to experience it!



We did like the look of the vintage trams running along the sea front,  but my goodness there were expensive,  so we may do with taking photos of them.


We departed our tram at Pleasure beach,  just to have a look at it,  unfortunately you have to buy tickets to even enter Pleasure Beach which was a shame as we would have liked to have just taken a look - no rides for us this time!

Finally after walking along the pier,  My Girl wanted chips in Gravy not something you can find easily in the south of the country, but is everywhere 'up north'.  The chips were found and we sat on the sea front for My Girl to enjoy her lunch!

We did have a lovely day and I am so relieved that My Girl seems to be back to normal health and is recovering well from her operation.

Alison x

2 comments:

  1. Your girl looking well ,chips in gravy are great!!! On iow its a favorite ,loved the pics.Keep up the blogs ,love DFILs wife xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a great time. Good old chips and gravy, whats not to love?

    X x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x