Wednesday 29 June 2011

Busy Hands

I had a call today from My Girl the conversation went like this

My Girl  - "Mum - where is your Crochet folder?"
Me - "I'm not sure - what are you looking for?"
My Girl -"I want to make something,  I was going to do some cross stitch but can't find a pattern"

So tonight after driving back from Colchester we have some crochet patterns out, the  crochet hooks, various balls of wool and My Girl is crocheting a hat!  OK I know it is possibly the wrong time of the year for making a hat, but crocheting without an aim does seem completely pointless and not very motivating.  My Girl becomes bored VERY quickly and I am hoping by tackling something easy and quick to make it will keep her interest and it will get finished!

It is an interesting experience showing her what to do - I use my right hand and she uses her left, 2 hats are currently been made as I crochet as a rightie and she copies  as a leftie!!

Just a flavour of the Milly's house tonight,  Me and Mr Girl are doing the mirror image crochet explaining and checking patterns as we go,  My Milly is trying to sort out a holiday and asking a zillion questions,  I'm trying to write the blog,  the dog has just been through the bin in the kitchen as someone has forgotten to shut the door and the Portuguese Housekeeper has just arrived and wants to chat as we haven't seen her for a little while  - It is good to be home!!  :)


Mirror image!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x