Monday 13 June 2011

Lovely Weekend

Home from our long weekend now and we had a lovely time.   But what was the weather like on Sunday???!!  In the middle of June and it poured and poured all day, absolutely non stop....

We were not letting a little thing like a torrential downpour spoil our day,  so into the car and off to Bath we went.   It is such a lovely and interesting place, we couldn't really explore as much as we would have liked as it was so cold and wet,  but we spent a couple of hours doing the tour of the Roman Baths.  There is a new lift to the lower levels now so Mr Milly was able to visit almost all of the place which was a real treat and what a fascinating place the Roman baths are.
Mr Milly at the Spa - Can you see the steam from the Hot Spring!
Today we visited Stow on the Wold and the Slaughters - I love their names - it would be funny to say I live in Upper Slaughter!  Upper and Lower Slaughter are 2 incredibly pretty Cotswold villages, all the buildings made of traditional honey coloured Cotswold stone with little streams running through the village centre, a true feast for the eyes.
Lower Slaughter Manor.  How beautiful! Just like a picture postcard.

Stow-on-the-Wold
This picture - just because its a great name for a shop!
 And now we are home a weekend to remember for a long time, and I loved spending time with My Bro, Sister-in-Law and Mr Milly.

And I've inspected all the animals, checked all the hanging baskets, tended the herbs, watered the salad table and visited the Lottie.  My Girl did a good job of looking after everyone and everything whilst we were away and all is well.
Mr Bro was playing with his camera - what a funny weird photo at the end of our weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x