Tuesday 28 June 2011

Bed and Breakfast

I'm away tonight in Colchester and am staying in my favorite B&B.  I found this place about 2 years ago and have been staying here ever since.  I was looking for a friendly B&B at the outset as I knew I would be in Colchester at least 4 nights a month, and hotels are so very soul-less I thought  I would try to find somewhere friendly and welcoming.   I struck gold with this one!!  Jane and Jonathan run the B&B with Bertie the Bassett hound and Benji the black lab,  for me it's like home from home with Jane and I becoming friends over the 2 years and exactly what I was looking for.   With just 3 rooms it is very quiet and relaxed and very very comfortable.  Each room is different and has its own charm,  there is the Four Poster Room, The Mulberry Room and the Green Room.

It is a funny quirky little place, a listed building which in a former life was a iron mongers shop.   All the floors lean,  the ceilings all slope and there are beams in every ceiling and wall.   It is on the corner of a fairly busy road,  but the sound doesn't both me and I always sleep well when I'm here,  I think it is because I feel safe and at home.

Outside there is a very pretty smallish courtyard garden - It really is a lovely place to sit for a while.    And when I am feeling fed up at being away from home, it is good to to be welcomed by a friend, to chat and catch up about our families,  our holidays, and  our news in general. 

Some pictures of the B&B,  but I don't think my little camera has really done justice to how lovely it is.

Welcoming Tea Tray,  fresh milk and iced water in the fridge

The Four Poster Room - my favorite room!

Another angle of The Four Poster Room

The B&B over on the right hand side
I've just popped downstairs and had to rush back upstairs for my camera - Bertie  is laying on the sofa, he arranges the pillows himself and only settles when they are just right!!    :)

 WARNING - cute  picture alert!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x