Saturday 25 June 2011

Saturday

Another Saturday been and nearly gone and as usual I'm exhausted!   We had a good day today me and My Girl,  went to a car boot sale this morning we came home with a book and some boots for My Girl,  then we went to the hardwood store and bought some more wood for making raised beds,  popped home to see Mr Milly who has not been feeing too great today,  he decided to stay home whilst me and My Girl
went to No 95.

A clearing and tidying up day today,  we cleared the area behind the shed - this is the first piece we cut down when we got the Lottie and there was still a pile of cut brambles it took us a while, but we cleared them and cut a few more down, just to make everything look neat!  We laid a few slabs and spread some Wood chip and then we put the water butt back together again and set it up - My Girl wanted to  test it,  so watering can in hand she stood first pouring water into the guttering and then onto the roof - we were thrilled to hear the water hitting the bottom of the water butt - such simple pleasures!!

We stopped for a cup of tea - I have a new toy, so now we have fresh tea for me and fruity tea for My Girl - so much better than out of a flask and a little bit of fun too!



I had to persuade My Girl to do some more today - I don't think she was really in the mood for the Lottie  today,  but she is such a brilliant help!.  We marked out the side of the plot  - I like to know where I am working, then we marked out a couple more beds and dug these over.  I think we did really well today - tired though!

Waterbutt and tidy shed area.


Another tidy view,  bamboo canes now have a home too..
  

A quick reminder of this area just a short time ago.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x