Sunday 16 September 2012

Noah's Ark Blanket

I have finished the blanket.  I don't think that the little fiddly bits of crochet appliqué are really my forte!   It has taken much much longer to crochet all of the little bits and pieces and then sew them on the blanket than it did to make the whole of the blanket.


Crochet Noah's Ark Blanket

We had a bit of debate around the colours to complete each of the animals, the ark and the sun followed by an even longer debate about the colour of the edging.    Overall I think the colours all work and although I haven't really enjoyed all the fiddly little bits I am pleased with the overall effect.  My Girl is very pleased with it and keeps telling me she is keeping it for herself and not letting the baby have it.....  I'm not sure how this will work as the blanket is cot size.   Will I be taking orders for this one??  The answer is NO, however should another grand baby come along at some point in the future I may well be persuaded to make one!

1 comment:

  1. It is a very beautiful blanket! Well done! thanks mum!! : ) xx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x