Thursday 29 September 2011

Waste Not Want Not

A new countdown is beginning for me and Mr Milly,  I will tell tomorrow!

Today I have been rummaging around in the fridge to see what needs to be using up,  I found;-

Beefsteak tomatoes
Garlic
Round courgettes
Onions
Garlics
Basil


Everything was chopped into pieces, the last of the cherry tomatoes from the garden picked and thrown in for good measure.  A good glug of olive oil and into the oven it all went,  slow roasted  at the bottom of the oven on a very very low heat for a couple of hours, then blitzed in the food processor which our friend Chris very kindly gave to us and 4 jars of lovely sauce are now sitting in the larder.   Pasta sauce to be,   4 meals from the bits and pieces sitting in the fridge.



I took advantage of the oven being on and sterilised the jars for the pasta sauce and a couple of others  and using some of the apples from the lottie chilli jam was made tonight.   This jam is definately not for me - I don't like anything hot or spicy,  but I am sure Mr Milly will enjoy the chilli concoction with some cold meat or cheese.


The chilli jam has passed the taste test!  Mr Milly wanted to try some with  bread - a very big spoonful it was too!!  After getting a bit red in the face and wiping his eyes - Mr Milly tells me it is HOT  but good!  Maybe a smaller spoonful next time LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x