Wednesday 28 September 2011

Lottie Competition

Tonight was the night,  me and Mr Milly went to the council offices,  drinks and nibbles from 6.30 and the award ceremony from 7.00.   We were surprised how many people were there and a complete range of ages.  A bit of a chat with our site reps and then into the council chambers.  One by one the prizes were awarded for each Allotment Site in our area - and then it was my turn,   2nd prize to Mrs Milly of plot 95!    Presented by the Deputy Major,  certificate and little envelope presented and then a photo moment with the Deputy Major and the Council Chief Executive.  It was all very civilised,  and fairly short - thankfully!

And my darling Mr Milly is so excited and pleased for me.. he was trying to decide all the way home the best place for the certificate to be hung up and what would be the best frame for it.  He is really chuffed to pieces for me that I won this prize, so to satisfy my hubby a picture for you!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on winning 2nd prize, particularly as you only got the lottie this year and I know how hard it is to keep an allotment looking good. I'm afraid I've failed miserably as the weeds on my lottie have almost go the better of me but atleast I've had some nice crops off it! Monica

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x