Friday 16 September 2011

Blight

I've been away for a couple of days this week,  it was only supposed to be one night away from home, but ended up being 2.  The hotel Wi-Fi was not working,  I have given my mobile dongle to My Girl when she left home, so no Internet or blogging for me for a couple of days.

Today I managed to visit the Lottie and it is starting to look a little neglected and definitely needs some TLC!  I think this is not helped as we are approaching the end of the season, the sweetcorn are nearly finished (mice have been at a couple of them AGAIN!) and that  bed is emptying,  the runner and french beans are beginning to look a little worse for wear and blight has set in!  

Mouse shredded sweetcorn!
 My tomatoes were really effected and I have been seeing the other plot holders taking out their tomatoes as they were blighted - I was hoping it wouldn't reach me,  but it has!  All of the tomatoe plants have now been taken out and will be burnt.  Blight spreads and my potatoes were beginning to show signs too.  Today I have lifted one of the lines of potatoes,  I was really hoping that they would be our Christmas Tatties,  but this is not to be.  I have a reasonable harvest from the lifted tatties - all shapes and sizes and definitely enough for me and Mr Milly for a couple of weeks.   I will lift the rest of the tatties over the weekend.


Apples, turnips (the first ones), courgette, beans and potatoes


2 bright yellow faces greeted me at the Lottie today - the sunflowers are flowering!   My Girl and I were in a competition for the tallest one and to be honest I can't now remember whose is whose!  I have no doubt that My Girl will know........   but I do think that mine is the tallest   LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x