Friday 6 July 2012

A little birthday gift

This year is just flying past in an absolute flash..  I do wonder if that is a sign of getting older?

Already it seems to be birthday season in our family and in the last 2 weeks the birthdays have been;-

My brother
My Brother in Law's 50th birthday
My Nephew's 7th birthday
My Aunties birthday and 50th Wedding Anniversary
My Cousins 50th Birthday

Quite a few memorable and big events.  Some home made goodies have come in handy for little gifts along the way and my most favourite one of all was the lovely bag for my Auntie. 

Mr Milly spotted the fabric in our local haberdashery shop and after some debate about me really not needing another bag (I think I do need more bags - but Mr Milly had other ideas) I decided that it would be lovely for a gift.   

The completed bag

Isn't that lovely girlie vintagey fabric
I think my Auntie was pleased with her gift and as she was off on holiday to celebrate her Golden wedding Anniversary I am hoping she would find it useful too.    I don't think I am going to be able to resist making one of these for me though............

Alison x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alison
    Thanks for visiting :-)
    I love the bag and the fabric. It's a great design and I can see you'll probably have several people wanting one of those!
    Birthdays and celebrations - your family is like ours ... every month we've at least 3 birthdays!
    Wishing you a happy weekend,
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic print that is. The bag looks amazing and will make a great gift.

    X x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x