Monday 4 June 2012

Guests for dinner

Today we have been surrounded by people, which makes a change for us.  My Sister-in-Law visited this morning with the 2 little boys,  my sister-in-law had her shopping to do in the supermarket - the littlies didn't want to go with her, instead they came to the Lottie with me ,  the Portuguese Housekeeper is staying with us for a while and she came too.   It rained!  We managed to plant the pumpkins and do some tidying up jobs - which the boys really enjoyed as it involved moving bricks and breaking up pallets - proper boy things to be doing and all of the extra hands was brilliant!

After taking them home and playing with Millie the puppy for a while, the Portuguese Housekeeper and I came  home and made cakes!  Little cakes this time, which I haven't done for a while and I think I am out of practice!  They all tasted OK - but I would have preferred them to look a little better.

This evening My Boy and his friend  Steph came for dinner, so that was 5 of us, dinner was followed by scones made by Steph with cream and jam and cupcakes.   As it is the Jubilee weekend - I tried to make the cakes fit with the theme - I had spent a couple of hours yesterday making the pin wheels and flags to go with the red white and blue cake cases - overall I was quite pleased with the effect.






Just one minor hitch - we were due to be visiting friends tomorrow and cupcakes were to go to,  enough cakes were made for visitors today and our visit to friends tomorrow which in totally was going to be 10 of us, unfortunately they have had to cancel -  now every tin and box in the kitchen is filled with cakes with just 3 of us in the house to eat them!     Cake anyone??????

Alison x 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x