Wednesday 6 June 2012

Changing of the Guard

Today we went to Windsor which is approx 6 miles from home, it is a place that we visit often but for shopping as it has some of our favourite shops.   We arrived today just in time for the Changing of the Guard,  I casually chatted to one of the police ladies to find out the best place to watch,  she happily pointed out the best view point and away we went,  I was really excited and felt like a proper tourist with camera to the ready.   It is quite a sight to see and as you hear the sounds of the marching band in the distance  a funny sort of tingly butterflies start and you can hear people around whispering - 'they're coming!' - actually I think that was me!   

We definately had the best seat in the house,  the soldiers marched directly towards us and very  close then turned right and marched towards the castle and then in through the castle gates.   How exciting!  Time then for a quick visit to the Cath Kidston shop - which was empty as people were still milling about after the parade.  Then a return to the next best spot in the house to watch the exiting Guards leave the castle. 

I can share some photos with you,  it's just a shame though I can't share the excitement!

The new Guards walking up the hill and arriving at the castle









A little one dressed to match the guards - how cute!

The old Guards leaving the castle and heading back to the barracks







A lovely Windsor cobbled street decked out for the Jubilee Celebrations


   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alison, I spotten you on my followers list, and came to stalk you, you must live close to me, as I recon I'm 5miles from Windsor. Isn't the CofG fab, I love it every time

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x