Tuesday 5 June 2012

The growing season has arrived

Everything is now growing well at the Lottie,  I have been picking a handful of radishes every now and again,  the autumn planted onions are being lifted and used as needed now.

Good sized Autumn onions 

The spring planted onions are looking promising and are beginning to bulk up
At the weekend we found a couple of ripe strawberries - these were quickly picked, but didn't make it home!  Nothing else is yet producing a harvest, but the promise is there!


Ripening strawberries
The two best looking crops at the moment are the peas and the potatoes

Potatoes,  some are just beginning to get their flower buds

Four lines of peas,  the 2 lines on the right were sown 3 weeks after the others

Lots of flowers now appearing on the pea plants

And best of all - lots of pea pods now appearing

The bean frame seems to be working well,  with the runners and french beans now doing their thing and beginning to climb the strings.

The next job and the most pressing  is to get the greenhouse sorted!  I am short a few panes of glass and have been debating for what feels like months the most cost effective (cheapest!) way of replacing the glass.  I have now ordered some Polycarbonate sheets,  hopefully these will arrive by the end of the week for the greenhouse to be completed this coming weekend.   I'm quite looking forward to getting this finished and planted up as I have never had a greenhouse before - it will be interesting to see how it works out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x