Tuesday 26 June 2012

Tired and Cranky

That is me right now, I've gone from being crunchy to being cranky - I think Mr Milly prefers crunchy!

I think it is the thought of having to go away again tomorrow for another 2 days, sometimes like this time I just don't want to go and would much rather be at home.  It is affecting me all round at the moment and even going to the Lottie right now is a bit of an effort.

Yesterday I picked these;-



Yummy yummy fresh peas - quite a few of the pods didn't make it home I have to confess!

Tonight I have picked more strawberries - the weight of these was 2.5 pounds.  A few more jars of jam will be made tonight.  As quick as I am making it Mr Milly is giving it away...  I have made 8 jars of jam so far,  one has been opened and 2 more are sitting in the kitchen,  the rest have all been re homed.  He is now on a strict warning that I like strawberry jam and would really like to have enough to last until next summer.  I'm not too worried though as the strawberry plants are still growing little green berries, so the promise of plenty more is there.

The potatoes are looking huge and healthy at the Lottie all nicely topped with little white or purple flowers.  A couple of times I have had a furtle to see if anything is happening,  today I decided to dig one up and see if there were any potatoes.........

Woohoo!!! - some really very good sized one and these are from just one potato plant,  I'm really pleased and a little relieved that I hadn't wasted a perfectly good potato plant by digging it up too early.

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x