Monday 18 June 2012

A bit of Recharging

Life does seem to have been busy of late,  lots to do at the allotment, far far far toooooo much football on the TV...  visitors in and out, popping to Wales every couple of weeks,  coupled with lots of  stress and overload at work.  Both me and Mr Milly have felt a little worn out and frayed around the edges.

This weekend we decided to try and re-charge and we had a lovely weekend!   Saturday;  I finally, after being nagged and prompted by Mr Milly, had my hair cut and coloured, so that was a couple of sitting still hours in the hairdressers....  Mr Milly was out late Saturday afternoon to watch our eldest nephew compete in a swimming gala,  I just quietly pottered about at home,   the sewing machine was out for a little while and then out came the crochet hook to do a bit more work on the blanket.   It is very rare for me to be home alone and for a short time every now and again - I quite like it!

Then we went to Mr Milly's sisters for tea and sat for several hours at the table just chatting..  Lovely!

Sunday was Father's Day - A day for Mr Milly to rest.....  we went to the Lottie for a couple of hours in the morning,  Mr Milly read the paper sitting in the Sunshine whilst I poodled about,  Barney from across the way came for his Sunday morning coffee and chat both Barney and Mr Milly are huge footie fans they sat for an hour or so, drank coffee and chatted footie.  It would be fair to say that I am well and truly fed up with the football.....  I just carried on in my own little
world.     
A Little Lottie harvest - lots of scrummie Strawberries,
a perfect 2 person size lettuce and some
 red and white onions to kept us going for a week or so.
Home for a quick shower and a bit of smartening up and we went out for dinner - we sat alongside the river for a few hours,  chatting, eating and generally just enjoyed being together.


This is where we had lunch

Home in time for yet ANOTHER football match...... my crochet hook kept me amused.  And that pretty much was the end of the weekend.  

We did re-charge and it was definately the best weekend we have had for a while..   I thoroughly enjoyed spending lots of relaxing quality time  just me and my hubby.

I hope you had a good weekend too!

Alison


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was just what you needed. Great little harvest ou have too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x