Monday 17 October 2011

Holiday Update - Part 1!

It's been a busy few days since we arrived back in the UK,  we have been trying to fit in as much as possible before I returned to work.

Our Room

But let me tell you about our holiday......  It was hot - I think I might have mentioned that!!....... the sea was hot,  I think my bath water is not as hot as the sea,  it is also very very shallow for quite a distance which makes it great for paddling, but not too good for swimming.  And just a few feet from the shore with the water just covering my feet the sea is teeming with life.  Little black and white fish zooming around, star fish under rocks, little hermit crabs crawling along and tentacle like coral clinging to rocks.  It really is fascinating.

The hotel jetty,  the quickest way to the deeper water
Snorkelling

As we only had a couple of days with My Boy on hols we made the most of it!  We went snorkelling around the little coral reefs which are just at the end of the jetty - we saw box fish they are a muddy brown colour with bright blue spots,  majestic and very poisonous Lion Fish - they really are amazing to look at, puffer fish, wrasse, picassa, parrot fish,  needle fish - the list is endless.  I have some photos on the way and will share once they have arrived.



Relaxing in the warm evening air

The four of us visited a local shisha bar, a few drinks and a shisha in the evening watching the world go by - very civilised!   There are bedouins everywhere with their camels - they are very strange and interesting creatures.  Have you seen how a camel sits down - My Boy was fascinated!


Mum, Dad and Baby camel.  The baby looks like he is wearing  furry rug!
One evening the hotel held a beach party - me and Mr Milly have never been to a beach party, so really did have to go,  it was fun!  And the best bit - spending relaxed and happy time with my lovely son, Loopy Lou and my gorgeous hubby

My men at the beach party
And finally with My Boy and Loopy Lou we spent lots and lots of time lazing around the pool and visiting the pool bar - we were on holiday after all!

My two gorgeous men!  Some father-son bonding maybe?

We love being on holiday x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x