Sunday 23 October 2011

Normal Service

Life is now returning to normal and a hot relaxing holiday now seems ages and ages ago.   Mr Milly had a minor operation on Wednesday and actually turned out a bit bigger than we thought,  he now has to rest his hand for a couple of weeks,  doesn't sound too  difficult, but when you are in a Wheelchair with a hand out of action this is a bit of a problem,  therefore his week has been BUSY   - so a little bit of updating. 

We went to Kent for a visit with My Girl - it is such a long time since we had seen her and we were really looking forward to seeing her and the centre where she is living and working.   My Girl is looking tanned, slimmer and healthy - she is really really loving her job.   She is working very long hours and learning lots of new and exciting things .  We took her and the Portuguese Housekeeper out for dinner - My Girl's choice it was Frankie and Bennys,  not really our favourite place, but hey it was about spending time with our little girl, so who cares!

My Girl and the Portuguese Housekeeper

We were sad to leave her and she didn't want us to come home,  but it looks like she will be home in the middle of  November which is not too far off now.

And with that thought Christmas is looming,  I have very mixed feelings about Christmas this year but will try my best to make it special for my loved ones.

Our preparations are well underway - I made the Christmas cake this week.   This is a first for me as I have always had one made for me - this year it was for me to make.   Mr Milly and I worked together and baked our first ever Christmas cake.   It is now wrapped in foil resting in a cake tin to be fed with brandy over the next couple of months - I hope it is going to be OK!!!!


Does it look ok??????
We have also been inspired by my dear Father-in-Law this week and have made our Christmas Mincemeat - this is also a first for us -  but this particular recipe comes so highly recommended by My father-in-law we thought we would give it a go.


Maturing for 12 hours before being put in the oven.
Now sitting in Kilner jars in the cupboard waiting for mince pies.  I'm not so worried about the mincemeat as we were able to have  a little try - unlike the cake!  The verdict - the mincemeat is YUMMY1!


Mincemeat done!
The Lottie hasn't been forgotten during this cooking frenzy  - news of the Lottie to follow during the week.

This photo is just because I like it.......  Leisurely Sunday morning breakfast for 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x