Thursday 20 October 2011

Holiday Update - Part 2

This is the final holiday update and then normal service will resume!

We met the most interesting people during our holiday.  Lynne and Ian - Lynne is an artist,  she has always been arty and is now self employed and painting full time.  Ian is a Geordie and highly entertaining! They were both interesting and fun to spend time with.   We then met Elena and Gennedy both of them were born in Siberia and met when they were at school, travelled around Russia as children and young adults and went to University in Moscow together where they married and had their daughter.  Next year will be their 30th wedding anniversary - that is a lovely story in itself,  meeting when they were 12 years old and now being married 30 years!   They live in the UK now and have for the last 15 years.

Elena and I are very similar,  we like many of the same things -  including lots of different crafts with both of us having tried many different things.  Elena is now learning Millinery, Gennedy told us they have 100 hats in their house!  She has sent me a couple of pictures and her hats are beautiful - Ascot ladies day hats definately!  We spent hours and hours talking to Elena and Gennedy as they have had the most fascinating lives.   It is sad that we don't live closer together as I think Elena and I would have been good friends.  We are trying to keep in touch though and several emails have gone backwards and forwards since we have been home.

My great adventure on holiday - Scuba diving!  Both me and Mr Milly had a try dive in the swimming pool - Mr Milly did not like it at all!  I decided it was OKish!  So a discover dive followed,  a 1/2 hour session in the pool with an instructor having a look at the equipment and very basic safety and some hand signals,  then a long trudge along the hotel jetty (the equipment is very heavy, so it was definately a trudge!).  Into the sea and off we went.  Now I was lucky on this dive as it was just me and the instructor,  Henry who is a Nubian - from the very south of Egypt with their own language and customs.  Anyway as it was just me and I was nervous Henry held my hand all through the dive - it was interesting seeing the sea life from a different angle,  I really enjoyed the discover dive and to my relief it was all in fairly shallow water.   I now know that I have a fear of very deep water and did attempt to take a scuba diver course,  however I was frightened and panicked as we practiced skills in deeper and deeper water.   So Scuba diving is not for me!  I am glad I tried it and may do another simple little SHALLOW dive in the future but nothing more for me!

Mr Milly getting ready for his try dive.  My boy ensuring Dad is OK!

Ready to go.....

Add caption
I having been trying to find a couple of pics which sum up our holiday and I think these say it all....

My Boy

Mr Milly floating about

Sun, love and laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x