Monday 24 October 2011

Oh the excitement...

......  of harvesting the pumpkin!    This pumpkin has been loved and tended for months, planted in a bed of compost and organic matter,  regularly fed tomato food and the occasional beer feed too.  Yesterday the day finally arrived!  I understand it is best to cut the pumpkin a little before carving to let it dry out and it is our oldest Nephew's birthday on Halloween, Mr Milly was also very excited about our first ever home grown pumpkin so this weekend we were harvesting.  Unfortunately as Mr Milly's hand is still in rest mode he wasn't able to come to the Lottie with us.

The time was arranged for us to meet and off we all set to the Lottie,  there was me,  the Oldest Nephew, the Littlest Nephew, My sister-in-law and the the Portuguese Housekeeper,  we arrived at the Lottie and the boys scanned the horizon for the Pumpkin and it was found.  Scissors to the ready and the pumpkin was cut and carried away to be carved for a Jack-o-Lantern.

But before our prized pumpkin left the Lottie there was just time for a few photos...........

Are you ready for the Pumpkin??????

The grand unveiling is on its way..................................................





We are going to try a different Pumpkin seed next year............  Hmmmm  I wonder why!!!!

Swede and Turnip picked the same day.    Oh well - there is always next year!




1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog. It is so entertaining, informative and educational. Keep it up. Love the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x