Sunday 29 May 2011

Progress

We left home at 10.30 this morning,  armed with a variety of tools,  cool bag with lunch and goodies and my lovely flask of tea.

We surveyed the scene and decided we had well the day before,  John the site rep came for a visit and re-measured the plot for us...  I wasn't sure where all the boundaries were and didn't want to go where I shouldn't,  anyway the plot is massive - 54ft x 32ft!  Mr Milly thinks he is a farmer and keeps talking about our land!

Did we get the shed up? - in a word NO.....  I knew it was optimistic,  but nice to have a goal in mind.  We have cut down all of the brambles though and nearly cleared them all,  but after 5 hours My Girl and me had completely had it - all the aching from yesterday returned with a vengeance!   The plan for tomorrow is to clear all the debris and hopefully dig out the base for the shed,  I'm watching some paving slabs on Ebay today and hopefully I will get them at a good price...  so if the back, legs and shoulder hold up we could be in with a chance.


From the top

From the path
Success with Ebay tonight and I've won the auction for the paving slabs - about 1/4 of the price of buying new ones - WooHoo!!


1 comment:

  1. Gluttons for punishment I'd say!!! Jeanx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x